Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Mixed Media Winter Scene

I love using up scraps and this mixed media is a fun way to do it! And it doesn't matter what color they are because it's all covered with paints, gesso and inks and washes. I left the middle open to insert a photo from a nice snowy day. I know we'll get plenty of those coming up!

I did this project on a 9x7 chipboard and used some tulle and embossing paste for the background. When the paste dried  I went over it with gesso and diluted white paint and sprinkled Recollections fine white glitter on the snowy areas.  I made my own soft blue wash from water and acrylic paint.
 I found these little skis a long time ago. They were brightly colored so I painted them with gesso and white paint to knock the color back, but you could make them from popsicle sticks....I just didn't have any on hand.




As always, thanks for looking.

1 comment:

tweaker said...

This so reminds me of a day when I go out cross country skiing and we've had a snowfall -its quiet and a winter wonderland in the woods. Love this !